The value of Work Based Learning experiences is well known:
- Students gain valuable work experience and a better understanding of job requirements, and
- Employers expose the future labor pool to potential careers and recruit job candidates.
The Ohio Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) is offering a new program to aid in these experiences. MEP will provide financial assistance to manufacturers who hire local high school students for internship opportunities. General guidelines for the program include:
- Working with a local educational institution and the Ohio MEP affiliate (OH!Manufacturing), employers select candidate student(s) for positions in manufacturing operations.
- Employer agrees to provide the work based learning experience as directed by the educational institution, including compliance with all state requirements.
- Employer executes agreement with Ohio MEP affiliate (OH!Manufacturing) to provide financial assistance.
*Ohio MEP will reimburse 50% of student wages up to a maximum of $1500
- Upon successful completion of the internship, or cumulative wages reach $3000, employer provides documentation of hours worked and wages earned to Ohio MEP affiliate (OH!Manufacturing) for reimbursement.
- Request for reimbursement must be submitted by June 15, 2015.
To learn more about this program or discuss specific details, fill out this short contact form and we will be in touch!