With deep manufacturing industry and functional knowledge, the in-house experts at PolymerOhio Manufacturing Services and our external partners can help manufacturers address a variety of challenges to improve operational and financial performance. Clients can hire consultants on an as-needed basis to help solve specific problems, or to provide expertise in an ongoing capacity.
Get a free business operations assessment
We often find the first step in helping manufacturers improve their operations is in an assessment of their operations. The goal is to identify areas for improvement, the value of that improvement to the overall business, and specific steps a client should take to address the shortcomings uncovered. An assessment is conducted by a PolymerOhio subject-specific expert, who will visit your company to evaluate key aspects of the business. Afterward, our expert will prepare a report outlining his findings and an action plan that you can immediately begin to implement. Because of PolymerOhio’s affiliation with the Ohio MEP program, such assessments are generally free for manufacturers in PolymerOhio’s service area.
PolymerOhio’s five broad areas of expertise
- Business Development and Growth: No matter your business, profitability is a critical measure of corporate health. And growth—more accurately, profitable growth—is vital for long-term success. Achieving profitable growth is often easier said than done.
- Technology Acceleration and Product Development: We help our clients identify the resources needed to develop and implement new products and processes from new technology. We provide low-cost access to software tools that assist in product modeling, simulation and prototyping, and facilitate connections to other technical resources available in Central Ohio (including universities and Edison Centers) to help manufacturers implement new technologies.
- Operational Excellence & Continuous Improvement: We provide services such as Lean and Six Sigma to improve the efficiency of manufacturing operations, as well as product and process improvement.
- Workforce Development: Through our links to universities, community and technical colleges, and government agencies, as well as our own events, workshops and training programs, we help manufacturers improve the skills and productivity of their workforce.
- Supply Chain Development: We provide networking assistance to broaden or change a manufacturer’s existing supply chain and develop new supply chains for start-up organizations.